Typically, in September the ISA Will-DuPage Section is beginning its fall schedule of in-person technical Section Meetings. Like most of the world we are not in a normal setting. The ‘old normal’ of connecting with existing and/or old colleagues, or making new connections, over a few beers and a meal is not possible right now. We are now in the ‘new normal’ mode. ‘New normal’ means live technical content brought to you virtually.
Here are some key notes:
- These sessions are free.
- You should register on our website, just as you’ve done in the past. Once registered you will receive the invite to the virtual event.
- Unfortunately, you cannot network with others during the event, but you can submit questions, via live chat tool, to the speaker.
- Upcoming schedule:
- September 22, 2020 – Paul Gruhn will discuss Safety Integrated Systems (SIS).
- October 20, 2020 – Standard Electric will present information on industrial applications of augmented reality.
- November 17, 2020 – PR Electronics will conduct a session on intrinsic safety (IS) barriers.
- We have decided not to try in-person events through the end of the year.
Please keep an eye on our website at https://isawilldupage.org/events/category/all-events/technical-meeting/ to register and gain notification of future events.
I look forward to sharing a beer with you at our next in-person event. We’ll get there…eventually.
Please contact me with any questions.
ISA Will-DuPage – Section President